Monday, June 25, 2012

Wine Tasting- Potomac Point Winery Highland Reserve Chardonnay

Name: Potomac Point Winery Highland Reserve Chardonnay

Variety: 100% Chardonnay
Region: Shenandoah, VA
Country: The Land of the Free and the Home of the Brave
Year: 2009
Price: $21.99


Winery Review: "A barrel fermented wine with melon fruit flavor and a final vanilla accent. It is mineral and full bodied chardonnay that goes great with any cream sauce or sipping by the fire."


My Review: This chardonnay was heavier and creamier than the regular 2011 Chardonnay. I didn't really get the melon aspect mentioned in the winery review. I found it to taste very creamy with a nice hints of vanilla. This had a very strong vanilla aftertaste that was also quite enjoyable. This and the normal 2011 Chardonnay were very different in taste and mouth feel which is very interesting since they are both 100% Chardonnay, showing how versatile grapes can be! I enjoyed this wine very much but it would not be my wine of choice. I think I prefer the 2011 Chardonnay just because it was so very light and pleasant.

No comments:

Post a Comment