Monday, June 25, 2012

Wine Tasting- Potomac Point Chardonnay

Name: Potomac Point Chardonnay 
Variety: 100% Chardonnay
Region: King George, VA
Country: The United States of America
Year: 2011
Price: $15.99


Winery Review: "Potomac Point's most versatile wine. Crisp and refreshing, nicely balanced with toasty notes and aromas of green apple in the bouquet. Beautiful fruit followed by a lingering finish."


My Review: I am usually not a big fan of Chardonnay, but I found this one to be quite enjoyable. I think I liked it better than others because it had a very light body and it wasn't too overpowering. I got lots of crisp green apple as indicated without the oak monster (probably because it was aged in stainless steel). Another seller was that it had a very nice aftertaste that was just the right amount of fruit. When they said "lingering finish" in the description I was a little worried but it actually was very pleasant! I found it to be very well balanced and a lot more appealing than most Chardonnays.

No comments:

Post a Comment