Monday, June 25, 2012

Wine Tasting- La Belle Vie Rose

Name: La Belle Vie Rose (or the wineries Rose table wine)
Varietals: 80% Syrah and 20% Chamboucin
Region: Madison, VA and Woodstock, VA
Country: AMERICA
Year: 2010
Price: $16.99


Winemaker review: "It is a semi-sweet, very light Rose that is light in color. It has typical citrus and strawberry flavors. The mouth is elegant, slightly sweet, and crisp with a nice refreshing ending."


My Review: This wine was very light and crisp as the review indicated. I did get a nice strawberry taste, as well as a crisp apple taste, like from a pink lady apple. I found it to be a little more than slightly sweet, but in a good way! To me, it kind of was in the same lines as one of those Moscatos that is only like 5.5% alcohol so its very smooth and sweet but delicious also. Because of this I found it surprising that it was 13.2% alcohol. I haven't tried a lot of Rose wines but I really did enjoy this one and found it a lot nicer than the ones I have tried previously (and I never objected to those). 

No comments:

Post a Comment