Monday, June 25, 2012

Wine Tasting- Potomac Point Viognier Reserve


Name: Potomac Point Viognier Reserve
Varietals: 90% Viognier and 10% Chardonnay
Region: Chatam, VA
Country: America, the beautiful
Year: 2010
Price: $24.99


Winery Review: "The very ripe fruit made this wine a perfect example of the true nature of this variety, tropical flavors with accents of citrus, banana, and passion fruit. The absence of malolactic fermentation allows the freshness of the fruits to shine through." It is also a Wine Challenge London silver medal and platinum medal winner.


My Review: My first reaction was this was very bitter on the tongue. The review was not kidding about tropical flavors. I had never tried a Viognier before and so I was not prepared for these new tastes from a wine. There was a very strong banana flavor and I also got a little pineapple and passion fruit. It was dropping the tropical box of Mike and Ikes into a glass of pinot grigio. I didn't hate this wine in any way, just not sure if I would choose to buy a whole bottle for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment