Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Wine Tasting- Potomac Point Cabernet Franc



Name: Potomac Point Cabernet Franc
Varietals: 85% Cabernet Franc, 10% Tannat, 5% Merlot
Region: Northern Neck, VA
Country: The Greatest Nation in the World
Year: 2009
Price: $22.99


Winery Review: "A fruit-forward wine with flavors of blueberry, strawberry, and a peppery finish. It is smooth with a medium tannin feeling on the middle palate, It ends with a long, rich finish. The french barrels added hints of vanilla and wood accents."


My Review: I felt as though the review of this wine was pretty on point. I definitely got the blueberry and strawberry but also some dark cherry aspects. The finish was a nice balanced spice that seemed to linger on the tongue. After the first sip we ate a piece of dark chocolate and then had another taste. This was just AWESOME because the lingering chocolate in my mouth made it taste like these chocolate covered cherries I used to buy from a little store called Hyperion in Fredericksburg (my hometown). I need to buy a bottle and some chocolate and just go to town one night and watch some Game of Thrones.

No comments:

Post a Comment