Monday, July 23, 2012

Wine Tasting - Lindeman's Bin 50 Shiraz






Name: Lindeman's Bin 50 Shiraz
Varietals: 100% Shiraz
Region: South Eastern Australia (thats all I could find)
Country: Australia
Year: 2009
Price: $6.99


Wine Maker Review: "A medium to full bodied red with berry, plum and spice flavours following on the palate. Soft tannins on the finish create a very approachable wine."


My Review: This wine is very mild tasting. There are not a lot of strong flavors or fruit coming through which kind of surprised me for Australia (maybe that was way too generalized of thinking..) It is very tannic and dry on the tongue. There is definitely some dark fruit and spice flavor, but they are very light and mild compared to the tannins. I would not consider this full bodied, maybe medium body. The finish is also very tannic. Not too bad, but definitely not my favorite.

No comments:

Post a Comment