Thursday, August 16, 2012

Wine tasting - Elogio Tempranillo 2009




Name: Elogio Tempranillo
Varietals: 100% Tempranillo
Region: Castilla-La Mancha
Country: Spain
Year: 2009
Price: $6.00

Wine Maker Review: "Deep cherry color. Vanilla and tobacco nuances in the nose under an elegant layer of spices and ripe red and dark fruit."

My Review: This one was very dry, dark, and musty. It felt very sophisticated, as if I should be enjoying it with a nice filet mignon. In fact all I can think about while drinking it is red meats. Juicy, bloody, grilled red meats. There is also a creamy vanilla or caramel aspect that is not very sweet, just creamy. I feel as if this would go great with a meal. I drank it for fun (who would have guessed) because I had not tried this type before and really enjoyed it on its own but I feel that it would be EXCELLENT with some MEAT.

No comments:

Post a Comment